TUITION PRICES | THE TUITION | INTRODUCTORY LESSON | FURTHER INFORMATION |
£30.00 per hour; £15.00 per 30 minutes
The tuition prices reflect tutor Michael Spacie’s extensive and recognised qualifications in music along with 32 years experience in successfully teaching on all levels: absolute beginner; foundation; intermediate; advanced; further advanced (Grades 7 and 8); performance diploma.
- There are no cheap prices, gimmicks, bargains, sales etc. in order to gain business
- The tuition prices reflect extensive proven student achievements evidenced on this website
- Learners do not have to commit or agree to a specified or stated number of music lessons
- The tuition prices are applicable for all levels of tuition from absolute beginner to diploma standard
- Payment is by cash or cheque and the method of payment is entirely at the preference of the student or parent
- No money will ever be requested in advance; payment is due at each music lesson as this suits most students and parents of children
- Tuition is given in the tutor’s modern & comfortable home teaching studio at 63 Hall Road, Moorgate, Rotherham S60 2BW
- Lessons are given on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in both the afternoon and the evening
- The usual tuition pattern for adults is a lesson of one hours’ duration once every fortnight
- The usual tuition pattern for children is a lesson of 30 minutes’ duration once every week
- Twenty four hours’ notice is required to cancel a booked piano or singing lesson
- Less than twenty four hours’ notice will incur the full lesson price being payable
- All tuition patterns are flexible according to student needs and requirements
An introductory lesson is easy to arrange. It is offered to all prospective students and without obligation to continue with further tuition. The introductory lesson is an important initial step in the decision to pursue tuition.
After the introductory lesson, the student will be much better informed as to what is involved and will have more knowledge of their chosen subject whether that be piano or singing. For an absolute beginner, a piano student will begin to read simple music notation, have a basic aural awareness, understand music and play basic pieces at the introductory lesson and a singer’s voice is usually improved at the end of the introductory session through an increased understanding of the basics of singing technique and musicianship.
It is understandable that a prospective student will be somewhat anxious and a little nervous at attending an introductory lesson, but as some of the student testimonials indicate on this website, every effort is made to put the student at ease and to help the student realise that learning music can be fun as well as challenging. A parent or guardian is welcome and encouraged to attend the introductory lesson with a young person. There is seating for one accompanying adult in the teaching studio.
If you require further information or would like to arrange an introductory lesson, please feel free to telephone 01709 368134, or ‘phone or text 07757 364485, or email using the contact page of this website. All bona fide enquiries are very welcome from people that are genuinely interested in learning to play the piano or learning to sing.