Fees | Conditions | Introductory Lesson | Further Information
- The fee for piano, music theory or singing tuition is £30.00 (thirty pounds) per hour
- The tuition fee is reasonable, competitive, fair, affordable and good value for money
- The tuition fee is average for a highly qualified and highly experienced professional tutor
- The tuition fee reflects excellent proven student achievements evidenced on this website
- Learners do not have to commit or agree to a specified or stated number of music lessons
- The above fee is applicable for all levels of tuition from absolute beginner to diploma standard
- Payment is by cash or cheque; the method of payment is entirely at the preference of the learner
- No money will ever be requested in advance of any music lessons; payment is due at each music lesson
- The teaching practice is highly professional and thus there are no ‘cheap fees’ or ‘gimmicks’ to attract business
- No block bookings are necessary for music tuition; a pay-as-you-go system is operated, as this suits most learners
- The tuition fee of thirty pounds per hour has been the same and held since 6th April 2009 and there are no plans to raise it
- Tuition given in the tutor’s modern & comfortable dedicated home teaching studio at 63 Hall Road, Moorgate, Rotherham S60 2BW
- Lessons are given on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in both the afternoon and the evening
- The usual tuition pattern is to have a lesson of one hours’ duration once every fortnight
- Twenty four hours’ notice is required to cancel a booked piano or singing lesson
- Less than twenty four hours’ notice will incur the full lesson fee being payable
- Gift Vouchers are available as a present
An introductory/sample lesson is easy to arrange and lasts for one hour. It is offered to all prospective students and without obligation to continue with further tuition. The introductory lesson is an important step in the decision and wish to pursue tuition and in finding the right tutor. Following the introductory lesson, the student will be much better informed as to what is involved and will have much more knowledge of their chosen subject whether that be piano or singing. For an absolute beginner, a piano student will begin to read simple music notation and understand music and play basic pieces at the introductory lesson and a singer’s voice is usually improved at the end of the introductory session.
It is understandable that a prospective student will be somewhat anxious and a little nervous at attending the introductory lesson, but as some of the student testimonials indicate on this website, every effort is made to put the student at ease and to help the student realise that learning music can be fun as well as challenging. A parent or guardian is welcome and encouraged to attend the introductory lesson with a young person. There is seating for one accompanying adult in the teaching studio.
If you require further information or would like to book an introductory lesson, please feel free to ring 01709 368134; alternatively, ring or text 07757 364485 or email using the contact page of this website. All bona fide enquiries are very welcome from people that are genuinely interested in learning to play the piano or learning to sing.